Today I had to do my just duty and serve as a juror at the Ministry of Magic. My day started early in the morning with an Owl from the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Of course, I had other things planned, but dropped everything in order to serve the magical world.
Before heading off to the Ministry, however, I did my research and checked on line to make sure that I could take my wooden knitting needles inside. You know what happens to those that take forbidden items into the phone booth? Somehow they get sucked away as you are transported from one location to the Ministry. You arrive and find yourself suddenly lighter than when you began your journey. It's quite frustrating! There was a time when I had to visit the Ministry and lost several sets of the most beautiful cherry wood stitch markers with brass rings that you ever saw! You see, brass of any sort is not allowed at the Ministry. Well, I learned my lesson.
I can't talk about the case. That's against the law, but I did want to mention that I saw Wisteria there, giggling like a school girl with Casandra Chrimsonchin. My preoccupation with what they were laughing about got my quite distracted the entire day! I think she was talking about that new DADA teacher that I haven't had the pleasure of spending very much time with as of yet. Well, wouldn't you say that a proper tea time should be announced so that I might spend time with ALL? Including the new DADA?? Announcements coming soon, my dearies!
Winnieon Thursday, February 19, 2009
1. What momentous event was the reason that the members of the Order of the Phoenix felt it necessary to move Harry out of the Dursley’s house?
d. Harry’s upcoming birthday
2. Who revealed the actual date of Harry’s transfer to Voldemort, despite the misinformation the Order had been spreading around that the move would occur on the eve of his actual birthday?
3. With the use of Polyjuice Potion (and to confuse any possible attack by Death Eaters), six member of the Order were disguised as Harry and escorted out of Privet Drive, along with the real Harry. Which member of the order did not survive that night?
a. Mad-Eye Moody
4. Who informed Harry, Ron and Hermione of the bequests left to them in Dumbledore’s will?
d. Rufus Scimgeour
5. During the wedding celebration for Bill and Fleur, Kingley Shacklebolt sent a Patronus to tell the guests that the Ministry had fallen, Scrimgeour (the Minister) was dead and the wedding celebration was about to be attacked by Death Eaters. What form did the Patronus take?
a. A lynx
6. Escaping from the wedding to London, our three friends found themselves confronted by a pair of Death Eaters, disguised as workmen. This close brush impressed on them the need to find someplace to hide. Where did they decide to go?
b. Sirius Black’s house
7. Kreacher’s animosity towards Harry, Ron and especially Hermione (a Mudblood) was well documented in book five, “The Order of the Phoenix.” His initial interaction with them showed that his attitude had not changed. How did they win him over?
d. By giving him Regulus Black’s old locket
8. Who did they eventually find was in possession of the locket/Horcrux?
d. Dolores Umbridge
9. What did Harry find embedded in the door of Umbrdige’s office?
a. Moody’s magical eye
10. After retrieving the Horcrux, they tried to return to their safe place but they were pursued (actually Yaxley tagged along when they disapparated). This meant that the Death Eaters knew their hiding place and they had to go somewhere else. Where did Hermione take them?
Winnieon Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I think I totally skipped on last week's homework. Hope you will all forgive me. I overloaded myself last week AND had a Mega Ton of muggle homework on top of all that. So, to get on with this week's homework:
1. Do you knit or crochet? Knit How long have you been at your craft? Since December 26, 2005 2. Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do? Nope 3. Are there any other crafts that you participate in? Sewing and Scrapbooking, but I'm Waaaaaaay behind 4. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? Wool - Lamb's Pride Chunky 5. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? Anything scratchy synthetic 6. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven't gotten a chance? Malbrigo, but I won't die if I never get to knit with it either 7. What are you currently working on? ??? The plans are in my head still 8. Are their any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? Mmmm . . . I haven't thought about that much lately. Too busy!!! 9. Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? No, but I would LOVE and cherish one. 10. Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? In a needleholder that a sewed 11. Do you like sweets? What are your favorites? Yes, chocolate, of course. 12. Are you having a birthday during this swap? Nope
Winnieon Thursday, February 05, 2009
Well, another great start for a swap. I'm excited that have the beginning of HSKS 7 under our belts. I can't wait to see what comes of the upcoming Dueling Club and to see the various characters develop.
And, hopefully, I will get a little more time to make updates to this blog more often! Right now I'm so tired I can't even see straight. I did, however, get my wish list up on the sidebar, so you can check that out at your leisure. Yes! Lots of bags, but I am totally bag crazy!! Wish I had more, plus it's time for me to trade out the little purse that I've been carrying around since the beginning of the last swap.