twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

And the fun begins . . .

This term has already proven to be loads of fun for all the students attending HSKS 5. Quidditch is under way with the Snitch to be released on Saturday. Previous games of Quidditch have mostly proven to end very soon after the Snitch is released. The first round was always very confusing to the students. Could it be that I don't communicate the rules very well? Well, a little confusion is needed to ensure that the playing field is even and no house is favored over the other.

The Dueling Club's first activity has begun! The excitement grows :) Some of the students have expressed anxiety over having to learn cables for this event. Believe me, when I participated in the YarnSmackDown and realized that cables were involved I turned a few shades lighter myself. I had done cables before, but maybe only on 2 other projects, and certainly not under the pressure of a deadline. Knitting with a deadline in mind challenges a knitter and pushes them to grow in their speed and knitting skills. I think every knitter should participate in a knitting competition at least once in their lives.

Family Histories
I've enjoyed a few of the family histories and have noticed that quite a few students have had a long line of family attend Hogwarts. I hope to read a little bit more about the wonderful and crazy things that were apart of every family growing up. Families of note are the Longbottoms, the Vablaskys, the Plunketts, and the Cadogans. Hopefully, a few will blog about family holidays and such.

0 comments: