Winnieon Tuesday, March 31, 2009
I am definitely playing catch up! In the last week and a half I've gotten some wonderful pieces of encouragement from some of the students. Unfortunately, my darn camera is not playing nice and my cell's pics tend to be too dark. So, without further ado . . . .
Lydia Figg - Thank you so much for the wonderful ROAK gift! Lydia sent me a lovely set of skull stitch markers! I am a stitch marker hog, so I definitely love's me these stitch markers :) (((((Lydia)))))
Olive Bumblebirch & Wisteria Lovegood- Next I received a wonderful little card filled with encouraging words from Olive and a beautiful card of encouragement from Wisty. Thank you, you two! I am definitely encouraged and send you big hugs!!! You have definitely made my day!
Winnieon Thursday, March 26, 2009
House of Night
My friends!!! I've been sucked in. Yes, another awesome series has sucked me into it's vortex. If you have not had the pleasure to read House of Night I BEG you to run to your nearest Wal-Mart, Target, or Barnes and Noble and purchase the ENTIRE series. Believe me, if you loved Twilight you will definitely LOVE the House of Night series.
Winnieon Tuesday, March 17, 2009
1. On which day did the Order of the Phoenix come to get Harry?
2. During all this chaos with Voldemort and the Death Eaters, people still had lives to live and Ron's oldest brother, Bill decided to marry Fleur Delacour. Who were the uninvited guests at Bill and Fleur's wedding?
3. Voldemort had seven Horcruxes hidden in different places. Six of them were hidden at the Gaunt shack, Hogwarts, a cave, inside Harry, inside his snake, Nagini and Tom Riddles Diary. Did Voldemort hide the last Horcrux inside the Malfoy's vault at Gringotts?
b. No... not the Malfoy vault, the Lestrange vault
4. Why did the Dumbledore's move to Godric's Hollow?
c. The father went to Azkaban
5. Harry and Hermione read a part of "Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore," written by Rita Skeeter. Then they met Dumbledore's brother Abeforth and he told them the same story, just with a few details changed. Which of the following did Aberforth and Rita Skeeter agree on about Dumbdore's past?
b. That Dumbledore was friends with Grindelwald for a while
6. When Harry and Hermione visit Godric's Hollow, they visit the graveyard to see Harry's parent's graves. Harry walks by a tombstone that we later learn belong to tone of "The Three Brothers." The brother buried there once owned what?
b. The cloak
7. The Trio finds out that Luna had been kidnapped by the Death Eaters , and that they won't give her back until they got Harry Potter. Why did they kidnap Luna?
a. Her father sided with Harry and Dumbledore
8. After Voldemort killed Snape, he left the room and Harry came out from under the cloak. Snape gave Harry some of his memories all the way from when he was a child to just months before. Harry dived into the Pensieve and which of the following did he not see?
c. Snape and Lily having fun in a potions class
9. On the search of the Lost Diadem, Harry finally gets to talk to the Gray Lady. Who was the Gray Lady when she was alive?
c. Helena Ravenclaw (Rowena's daughter)
10. Which of these is not one of Harry or Ron's children?